Sunday, September 29, 2013

SERIOUSLY? : A PHOTOGRAPHERS JOURNEY

Have you ever wanted to be a Photographer!? ...or wondered if Photography was really 'your thing'? Are you doubting if you have taken the right path & wonder how everyone else manages to pull it off?

Well, you're not alone - we've ALL been there - - we're all THERE....!

Recently, a long-time local Photographer emailed me & asked for my support. 

They were feeling a bit 'ruffled' with just how many Photographers have popped up in our area lately - many of which do not have Insurance, Licensing & are not paying Taxes...along with criticizing the quality of their work.

This Photographer took to FaceBook & let it all out. I didn't get a chance to chat with them at all prior to sharing their feelings & once I saw what was written, I was slightly...well, shocked!

Unfortunately, while the points may be valid, it also made some shooters out there feel somewhat 'squashed' in their own Dreams of getting into this business...following their passion.

I would never want that - for anyone!

Every single Photographer that has reached out to us for guidance starts by saying, "This is my PASSION!" Of course it is! Hold onto that - - don't forget it - - it can flicker out if you let it!

Some of the leading start-up Industries right now are in the Wedding Business - Photography + Event Planning. I've seen it literally EXPLODING over the past few years & as someone who has struggled immensely to get to the point they are today? I'd like to be a voice amongst the craziness & let everyone out there know 'you're not alone!'

For some reason, most of us have this silly 'I can't share MY knowledge' + 'Wait! How come THEY got that booking & I didn't?!' playing around in their head - - I've realized that it just doesn't make any sense in today's quick-changing + easy-to-enter Market.

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I feel that we should all be working together...and making sure our paying Clients are getting the best possible quality! Every Client should be working with the best fit for them. If you're Booked for a date, know exactly who they should call next. I don't want to be a Secret - do you?

With that being said ~ I'm going to go ahead & make this a little 'series' of Posts regarding our Journey through the Wedding & Photography Industry. My thoughts & observations ~ and, you're Welcome to join us!

I'd love to see you get you to the best that you can be - follow that Dream - and let's ALL have a goal as simple as...Happy Clients!! xo

(If you're interested in following this Series, our next Blog Post can be found here : SERIOUSLY? : GETTING STARTED)
....I know ~ I know...this is almost a yr old...but, we hardly have ANY photos of us together! Might just need to make THAT a goal for us over here!! "-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Larsen's Photography