Sunday, January 29, 2012

See if you love us...!

So - here we are after a very FULL couple of days - Wedding Expos, Vendor networking & meeting TONS of fabulous Brides! What a great weekend! YAY!

An extra special THANK YOU to Birchwood Floral for sending our little Princess home with her very own Bridal bouquet! She was over the moon!
<span class=

Speaking of Moons! I just loved this elegant Bouquet design presented by Blue Moon Signature Weddings! We had crossed paths several times on-line, but it's always such a treat to chat in person!!
<span class=

As the whirlwind fog of the bustling weekend clears, there's a couple of interactions that are standing out in my mind I'd like to share with all of you upcoming Brides out there...!

We had one young lady approach our booth & begin thumbing through our various Albums...along with her Maid of Honor. I started chatting just a bit, answering their questions & ended the interaction with, "Well - check out our Website...visit the Blog...see if you love us & give us a call!"

"Love you?! (she chuckles) I like that...not just 'like' you...!?"

Absolutely!! I feel every Bride should genuinely LOVE her Wedding Photographer!

If you're hiring someone just because they have a camera & you need your Wedding documented...someone you like...then, I feel they might not be the right fit for you! There's a perfect match for everyone - - in every Budget...! Trust me! There are SO many Photographers out there! Some good, some great - some FANTASTIC!

This is someone you're going to be spending your entire Wedding day with - - every moment! You should LOVE them...you should most certainly LOVE their work & I feel you should also LOVE their work ethic! Put those hard-earned dollars to work...and make them worth every penny!

We also had a newly engaged Bride approach us & ask me about her particular Venue for our input.

It's an indoor location with Redwood siding + hard-wood floors. Another Photographer at the Expo had mentioned that the reflection off the dark siding can create an issue for photos...so, I explained to her a little about how cameras work...how lighting works...and how important it is to hire someone that can handle both! "-)

My point? Don't be sold on the 'idea' or 'feel' of Wedding gorgeousness you might find on a site that is heavy on all those fabulous 'details'. You know all those awesome pictures that make you just 'EEEK' with planning excitement? The flowers, the shoes, the rings...

Trust me - - those are the EASY shots! Bouquets placed on chairs don't laugh, dance or walk away after all!

As a shopping Bride, you want to look at the PEOPLE photos - the emotional capture...are the photos clear - do they tell the story & evoke emotion?! Just recently, I had an inquiry from a Bride telling me that her & her fiance had sat down yet again to enjoy our Website images. She glanced over to find a tear rolling down his cheek...!

I was so touched...SO touched! To know I've triggered those emotional responses through our Photography? THAT is the entire reason we do this...so, I do hope our Booking Brides positively LOVE LOVE LOVE us...!

<span class=

I must mention a very special THANK YOU to Ms Dana with Passion Parties for putting on another fabulous Expo! I know just how much time & energy goes into putting something like this together so flawlessly! And...ohhh - the Fashion Show! The kids always steal it! xo

1 comments:

Linda Macahilas said...

Thank you for the beautiful picture of the brooch bouquet I made and had at the Ukiah Wedding Faire. That bouquet is filled with love and memories, as several of the pieces were given to me by my best friend, who I have known since we were 4 years old. These beautiful pieces were her grandmother's, who we called Mor Mor, Swedish for grandma.

Post a Comment

 
© Larsen's Photography