Tuesday, January 14, 2014

ANNIE Jr : SPACE : SCHOOL OF PERFORMING ARTS & CULTURAL EDUCATION

Allow me introduce you to the adorable + amazing cast of ANNIE, Jr.!!
(don't miss it Jan. 18 ~ Feb. 1 at the SPACE Theatre!)
Yesterday, I had the pleasure of catching up with these bright, young people in our Community to take a few Headshots...what fun!! I can't even count how many times I was calling out from the computer as I worked : "These kids just make me SMILE!!" ...and, I haven't even seen the show yet!! "-)

No one can prepare you for how Life changes once you have a child. To put it simply ~ EVERYTHING changes!

One of the most wonderful things? Getting to enjoy our World through their eyes! It's quite different than anything I could have ever imagined!

For us? That includes a whole lot of Theatre - - Acting, Singing, Dancing. Our daughter loves it all! There's always a Production taking place over here! In fact, just yesterday, we spent a few hours with a total stranger who kept insisting we get her into an Art school...yes, yes ~ we know!

We've been fortunate enough to include her in the local SPACE program from an early age  - and, watching her joy/love of the Theatre blossom has been positively heart-warming.

While recently attended the amazing production of "The Wizard of Oz" presented by the Ukiah Players Theatre - I sat there with tears in my eyes. Really.

My heart beamed as our daughter gushed from the front row. She was wearing her own little, ruby red-slippers + snuggling tight to her stuffed Flying-monkey (yup! They make those!), as she listened intently - smiling from ear to ear - while 'Dorthy' sang her beautiful heart out. It was pretty spectacular.

I left feeling like I needed to give back - somehow.

Performers spend SO much of their time (their parents, too!) + energy bringing each Production to life. Many of them performing in different shows time & time again!

So, during our very next dance class, I asked SPACE if I could have the honor of shooting their next Cast. To give something back, to show my appreciation for all that they do + the joy they bring to our Family.

THANK YOU to all the amazing people that share their love of the Theatre with us & for allowing me the opportunity to show my appreciation!! xo
And here's a little sneak-peek of what we get to watch from the Larsen couch ~ especially after we've just returned home from one of your WONDERFUL Productions...! "-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
© Larsen's Photography